How to correct or Update Aadhaar online
Given the ever increasing importance of Aadhaar, any spelling errors or other mistakes in your Aadhaar details are likely to lead to problems for you. Linking Aadhaar and PAN, which is effectively mandatory for most now, requires that all your demographic details match on both. If there is a mismatch in your name, gender, date of birth on both documents, it means that you may be unable to link the two. You may need to update your Aadhaar for other reasons as well such as if it becomes inactive.
If you haven’t used your Aadhaar in any transaction, like linking it to bank account or PAN, for three continuous years, it can become inactive, as per the UIDAI helpline and officials at an Aadhaar enrolment centre. You will have to update your Aadhaar if it becomes inactive.
If you’re looking to update your Aadhaar, here’s how to do it.
As per UIDAI website, there are three ways to update or correct your Aadhaar card details:
1. Update your details online
2. Request update by post
3. Visit a nearby enrolment centre
Only those individuals who have registered their valid mobile number with Aadhaar would be able to update it online. Since online transactions are OTP authenticated, registering your mobile number with Aadhaar becomes mandatory.
If you are using online Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) for updation, you can update your Demographic details (Name, Address, DoB, Gender, Mobile & Email). Make sure that your mobile number is registered in Aadhaar while using this service.
• Login to AADHAAR card Online Self Service Update Portal using your Aadhaar number.
• Submit your AADHAAR card name change / correction / surname change request online.
• Scan and upload supporting self-attested Proof of Identity document (soft copy) for Aadhaar card name change / correction / surname change online.
• Once the name change / correction / surname change request is submitted you will be given your Aadhaar card Update Request Number, which can be further used to track the status of your request.